Tuesday, May 24, 2011

TIPS ON: Packing for Various Climates in Peru

The City, The Desert, The Village, The Mountains.

Preparing a mini suitcase for various atmospheres over a course of 20 days.

Now by this point I have travelled to Europe with two bags.  I had been to Thailand and China with one huge roller duffle bag and a backpack; and even that time around the plan was to travel light.  This time around, I refuse to have the blood circulation cutting off in my hand from carrying around these heavy suitcases.

This time - no, I'm going to challenge myself to travel as 'minimal' as possible, PLUS leave space for lots of indigenous souveniers. 

I'm going to Peru for 20 days, in four different atmospheres: Lima (warm and sunny), Nazca (dry and hot), Cusco (cool and windy), the Andes (cold and colder).  How will I manage to cram everything in this suitcase for nearly three weeks of travel in a suitcase that was meant for three days at most?! 

Now that is a travel challenge. (yes, it's nothing compared to losing your passport, but still...)

I haven't started yet because I'm not going for another 3 weeks and in the meantime I'll be using most of the clothes I would pack, but we'll see how it goes.

Tips to come soon as I've figured out some tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment